Losing weight is a focus for many in the spring. If you’ve put on some extra weight this past winter, you are not alone. Many of our patients are working towards a similar goal. We are going to help kick start your ‘Spring Cleaning’
How you move, eat, and think every day will determine your success. All three are part of maintaining an active lifestyle. So where does Chiropractic fit in?
How Chiropractic Helps
Unfortunately, no Chiropractic technique takes off 10 pounds with each adjustment; but people just like you have been able to maintain a healthy weight by adding Chiropractic care into their active lifestyle.
Research has suggested that periodic Chiropractic care can help evaluate, detect and treat emerging problems that may limit your mobility. So, by reducing injuries, you will be able to stay active and keep your exercise routine on track. Movement is a key step in shedding weight.
Also, many people report reduced stress after getting adjusted. This makes senses because research studies have shown reduced muscle tension in the shoulders after an adjustment.
And finally, we firmly believe that healthy food choices make a significant impact on your body’s ability to be well and stay well. Eating healthy whole foods and sometimes even using select supplements can give your body the fuel it needs to get through the day.
- Chiropractic has been shown to reduce the stress and tension in the muscles that support your head and neck.
- Staying active with daily exercise will help keep your muscles toned and reduce your risk of injury.
- Lower your sugar intake to avoid those devastating blood sugar crashes in the afternoon.
Thank you for making our office a part of your healthy lifestyle. Our team is here to support your ability to move, think, and eat in a way that results in achieving your healthcare goals.
We know that by moving your body, making smart dietary choices, and managing your stress, you will put yourself in the best place possible to live your best life. We are proud to be your partner in health.
On May 15th, we are hosting our “Weight Loss Workshop” at 6:15pm.
Sign up here!
- The Role of Exercise and Physical Activity in Weight Loss and Maintenance. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 2015
- Hair Cortisol and Adiposity in a Population‐Based Sample of 2,527 Men and Women Aged 54 to 87 years. Obesity 2017
- Sugar Consumption, Metabolic Disease and Obesity: The State of the Controversy. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2016
- Glucose Metabolic Changes in the Brain and Muscles of Patients with Nonspecific Neck Pain Treated by Spinal Manipulation Therapy.Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2017